Wednesday 20 August 2008

The use of the Name of Elohim in the Apostolic Writings

There are some thing I made some distinguish of using Greek and Hebrew and Aramaic in my personal Transliteration Scriptures devotion studies.

In the Brit Hadashah (New Testament or Apostolic writings) I mainly use Elohim for "God" in Hebrew, Adonay as for "Lord", YHWH as for "LORD'; Yeshua as for "Jesus" in the Aramaic language the word Elohim use is "Eloah" some other Hebraic version uses the "Eloah". There those who believes that the Brit Hadashah uses Aramaic instead of Greek language. We can also see another example in the book of Daniel Aramaic language is use. Studies are still under pending. I did not have enough of evidence to proof it yet.

In the book of Acts chapter 17:24-34 I use the following Greek terms:

God = Theos
Lord / Master = Kurios

Reason is because Rav Sha'ul or Paulos or Paul is speaking to the Greeks Goyim (Gentiles) which he does not Addresses "God" in Hebrew Names, he uses the language of the goyim.

I also notice Acts chapter 17:24-34 Paulos did not speak forth the Name "Yeshua" or "Iēsous" or in English "Jesus". only "Theos" and Kurios .

This gives us some idea of how we should use the Hebrew Name of Elohim; YHWH, Adonay Yeshua.

I use Hebrew names only when the Apostles are speaking to the Yehudim and lost house of Yisrael which is the Two houses.

No comments: