Devarim 10:12-13 And Now, Yisrael:
what doth YHWH Eloheicha require of thee, but
to fear (yara)YHWH Eloheicha,
to walk (halak) in all His ways, and
to love (ahava) Him, and
to serve (eved) YHWH Eloheicha b'kol levavcha and b'kol Nefeshcha,
To shomer (keep) mitzvot YHWH (יהוה), and His chukkim, which I tzavah thee this day for thy good?
The Function of the Torah
- The Torah is outreach tool and a light to the nation to draw them to seek Elohim and desire relationship with Elohim.
- The Torah reveals Sin - Chata - missing the mark as such Romaios 7:7 I would not have come to know sin except through the Law; for I would not have known about coveting if the Law had not said, "YOU SHALL NOT COVET." Yochanan Alef 3:4 Everyone who practices sin also practices lawlessness; and sin is lawlessness.
- The Torah brings Wrath of Elohim Romaios 4:15 the Torah (nomos) brings about wrath, but where there is no Torah (nomos), there also is no violation.
- The Torah is custodian (tutor, paidagogos) that directs us to Mashiach Yeshua that we may be justified by faith - Galates 3:24
- Torah serve as training in righteousness, to rebuke, correction, restoration, teaching Timotheos Bet 3;16-17 All Scripture (TaNaK) is inspired by Elohim and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; so that the man of Elohim may be adequate, equipped for every good work.
- Torah is also a history book which records the history of creation of universe, earth, and mankind, historical origin of sin, the great flood and the nation of Yisrael.
- The Torah is a guide for us like a user manual of how we guard our life.
- Torah is a covenant relationship made between God and the nation Yisrael and it is a national constitution. It defines what it means to be part of Yisrael
- Torah also defines the geographical borders of the nation. It is also a type of document such as the land titles of the nation's right to exist and those that are deem to perish or uprooted.
- Torah is like unto a marriage contract, ketubah or marriage certificate between Elohim and Yisrael
- To show man how to live with each other responsibly and accountable to one another.
- To praise, thanks, confess, obey, life changing Torah lifestyle and make known the living EL to the rest of the people of the world.
- All mankind know the One True YHWH Elohim their creator of the Universe and a proper way to approach Elohim.
- To be a light to the nations.
Torah observant is still valid for Mashiach Yeshua said these words: "Do not think that I came to abolish the Torah or the Neviim. I did not come to abolish but to complete." Mattityahu 5:17
- To Proclaim the good news of redemptive work of the Almighty through His Son Yeshua Ha Mashiach.
- That all man come to salvation through the Atoning Blood of Yeshua not by works, good deeds but through faith in Yeshua.
- To Bring the nations that is the Non-Jews Believers to experience, express and enjoy her intimate involvement with the Jewish people
- To Non-Jews believers beware of harboring anti-Jewish prejudice while the Messianic Jews beware of having anti-Gentile prejudices against Non-Jewish believers.
- As in Ephesian 2:13-15 written that to the Non-Jews believer in Mashiach Yeshua who are far off are made to come near by the blood of Mashiach. For Yeshua is our Shalom, who have made both Jews and non-Jews One and have broken down the middle wall of partition between us having abolished in His flesh the enmity (anti prejudice feelings) even the Torah of Commandments contained in ordinances for to make in himself of two groups of people as One New Man so making Shalom.
Such as what is Torah?
Torah is the Hebrew word commonly translated as "law"
The " written Law" is a biblical term for the first five books of the Bible: Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy.
They are also called the "Books of Moses" because Moses wrote them. In the Hebrew language (the language in which the Old Testament was written) the first five books are collectively called the Torah.
Torah is a word that is derived from the root word "yarah" - to throw, to cast, to take aim, to shoot. The essence of this word is "to hit the mark, The Torah is Elohim's aim and purpose for us. Torah means Teaching or "instruction." God's intention for giving the Torah is to instruct his people in holiness:
Jewish concept of Torah
- In Judaism all authoritative teaching of the Rabbis are considered to be known as Torah.
- The written Torah or Torah Shebichtav is the books of Moshe Beresheet, Shemot, Vayikra, Bamidbar, Devarim. Also known as Chumash means five.
- "Oral Torah such as Mishnah - repetition and the Talmud means study.