Friday, 26 December 2008
* Open your home to a few friends for an evening Scripture study.
* Print and distribute copies of the “Free Bible Quiz” at http://www.lulu.com/nazarene with your address and meeting time written on each copy. Distribute them as widely as you can, put them on doors and under windshield wipers.
* Take 10 to 15 minutes before opening for some get-to-know each other time. (This is only needed in new groups or when there are visitors). Go around the room asking an ice breaking question. Below are a list to work from:
o When did "God" become more than a word to you?
o What was your religious upbringing?
o What is your favorite book of the Bible? (Why?)
* Using the free booklets, free bible course and “blog” articles from WNAE at http://www.lulu.com/nazarene and http://www.nazarenespace.com teach the truth of Torah and Messiah to the group.
* Start at the beginning… teach the first nine chapters of Genesis as a starter for Gentiles in order to introduce them to the Seven Laws of Noah and ultimately the rest of the Torah.
* Close with prayer
* Fellowship and refreshments.
ATTITUDE: Always welcome everyone. Do not be negative. Maintain Torah as truth and freedom and as a thing to rejoice in. Also, If you do start a group in your home let us know. We are keeping a list of the study groups and will be corresponding with them in particular concerning Nazarene Judaism.
If you have any questions in regards to Nazarene Torah Study Groups, please contact us:
Don't delay. Get a Nazarene Torah Study Group started in your home. We will help you with the details.
Visit View James Trimm's blog
Thursday, 25 December 2008
Carta's Comprehensive Bible Atlas on CD-Rom plus a free book, "The River Jordan" (Windows)
This electronic Bible Atlas has been researched and created to provide the perfect companion to the Holy Bible. Its 115 maps can be printed in color or black and white, thus teachers, students and laymen alike can now print out the very best of Bible maps to enhance their learned articles, papers and other writings. Pride of place goes to the many terrain models and the superb animated map of the Holy Land, which you view from various angles as you fly over. Now included with every purchase of the CD Atlas is a FREE copy of the beautifully illustrated book The River Jordan. Requirements: PC 133 MHz, Windows 95/98, NT 4.0; 16 MB RAM; 220 MB hard drive space; 20 x CD-ROM; 16 color palette; super VGA 800 x 600 pixels.
The Carta Bible Atlas Fourth Edition with Index to Persons by Yohanan Aharoni, Michael Avi-Yonah and Anson F. Rainey, and Ze'ev Safrai
Tuesday, 23 December 2008
There are a total of 54 weeks Parashah studies which consist of the 5 books of Moshe : B'resheet, Sh'mot, Vayikra, Bamidbar and D'varim.
The Number of each Parashah Torah portion is indicated in the Hebraic Torah Transliteration Scripture and also along with the Haftarah reading.
It is still in process of improvising the Parashah directory.
I have not included the Brit Hadashah yet. I thought is best to leave to the Ruach HaKodesh leading as to where is best read along with the Torah, Haftarah and Tehillim.
Go this site to see the Parashah directory Chart
The Parashah division are as follows
Parashah 1- 12 - Beresheet / Genesis the book of the beginning
Parashah 13- 23 - Shemot / Exodus - the book of deliverance of the Yisrael out of Mitzrayim in the Name YHWH
Parashah 24 - 33 - Vayikra / Leviticus - the hand book of Priesthood or sefer Kohanim
Parashah 34 - 43 - Bamidbar / Numbers - In the wilderness, involves in census
Parashah 44 - 54 - Devarim / Deuteronomy - the Words
Sunday, 21 December 2008
Blessed art Thou , O Adonay Eloheinu, King of the Universe,
who has sanctified us in Yeshua, in whose Name we light the Hanukah lights
Baruch atah Adonay Eloheinu melech ha-olam,
asher kidushanu b'Yeshua, asher bismo madlikim
anachnu ner shell Hanukah.
Learn more about the Messianic view of celebrating the feast of Hanukah
Thursday, 11 December 2008
Also updated archived article on Toldot Esav